EVERYONE HAS A VOCATION!
A vocation is a call from God to be the person you are most meant to be! Every vocation is sacred and is a way to give one's life to God. We speak of four basic vocations:
- Married Life
- Single Life
- Ordained Life (priesthood and diaconate)
- Consecrated Life (men and women religious)
DISCERNMENT is the process of making a decision based on where God is calling you. Primary tools of discernment are:
- Prayer with a heart open to God's prompting
- Reflection on your life's experiences in light of your gifts and the needs of the Church
- Dialogue with those who know you well and can help you find your truest self
- Dialogue with a spiritual director
- Consideration of pros and cons of primary options
Check out our Events Calendar for upcoming events!
Members of DAVA are available for many vocation promotion activities:
- Elementary, middle and high school presentations
- Confirmation retreats/presentations
- Religious education presentations
- Vocation Panels
- Vocation awareness reflections
- Presentations for Vocation Awareness Week, Catholic Schools Week, etc.
- Vocation Fairs
- Collaboration with youth ministers and youth activities
- Collaboration with college campus ministers